Friday, October 10, 2008

Frugal Friday: Mayonnaise?

I can't believe how many times I buy something like a picture frame, a glass, or any type of hard or slick surface and can't get the sticker gump off. You hear lots of ideas of how to get that off but ultimately you end up buying another one to replace it or you just wasted money on the one that you are too embarrassed to set out for people to use or even see.

Well I think I have found the solution. Mayonnaise. Make sure the surface you put it on is something that can be wiped off with a wet rag without being ruined.

Pull off whatever excess you can of the sticker or price tag. Take a small amount of mayonnaise and spread it over the area. Let it sit for a few minutes and then take a warm wet rag and wipe it off. Most of the sticker should come off on the first time. You may have to wipe it a few more times with the rag before all of the residue is completely gone.

I don't know about you but I would much rather use something that is already in my cabinet than to spend money on all of those oily and smelly liquids you can get for several dollars. That could be 5 bucks that you really couldn't spare.

For more Frugal Friday tips click here.

2 comments:

Tara said...

lol did you make this up??? jk I will have to try this!

Scott and Beth said...

Sweet! It makes me so mad when I can't get the sticker off! You're awesome!