Monday, September 22, 2008

Classes, Work, Life, Love...

I'd like to think I'm not the only one who is learning how to balance these things. Not necessarily in that order. I'm finding that with every day comes a new challenge...the most recent is work. College schedules don't exactly make managing a full time job possible...at least in my case...so seeing as how my job at the resort was exactly that, I'm back on the hunt again. I've been told that the job that I want is usually what every graduate is searching for...an office job. I'm a people person, and I love to help someone work out problems, whether they are emotional, physical...or any other "al" there could be. My ideal work environment consists of people, computers, soft music, a coffee machine, and a to-do list. As is common knowledge, our economy isn't exactly catering to the "job of your choice" idea right now. This is probably being balanced carefully on one "hand" (since I can still stand on two feet when out of work...hard as it may be)

Classes...not much to say about college except...maybe one word that could describe it all: books. Lots and lots of reading. You hand me a good fiction thriller and I'll have it read in a few hours or will simply not be tempted by the most alluring distractions until I have finished. Hand me a book on systematic theology and my mind is a little more likely to wander...at the very least. Still, taking advantage of this lull in my work life, I read...a lot.

Love, this could include many things. Social life maybe??? Not so much...even though I love my friends. Family? A lot more than social life. While I have my parents around and a few siblings...being the youngest of eight, and now the only one left at home...I find that the lack of all my brothers and sisters being close by causes a sense of loneliness that I will only have to get used to. What is it then? Jayson. My boyfriend, my best friend, my phone bill, my dreams, my inspiration, my motivation...you could call him a lot of things. :) You could even call him "a thousand miles". God brought him into my life about 3 years ago. We've grown individually, and together in many ways but a little unconventionally. We met at a church meeting when my parents and I were traveling. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 visits a year, we built our relationship over the phone and email. I wouldn't change this for the world. I got an advantage over most girls...he never got to impress me with actions or the people he knew. He impressed me with sincerity, poetry, spirituality, and reality.

I've told you about three major parts of my life as I see them right now. However, I've left out the one that is most important to me. I did it because it shouldn't be placed in the same category as the rest. It gets one all its own...

No comments: