Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Study Tips

I was not exactly the best at studying in high school. I spent most of my life homeschooling, one year at a Christian school in second grade, 2 years in a public school in junior high and high school, and my very last year at a small Christian school. Still somehow I was never able to study as well as I needed to. Now, I've been pulling tips in from a lot of different people. There really is a great deal that depends on the kind of learner that a person is. For me, I'm mostly auditory, with a little of visual. It really helps me to be writing while I'm listening to someone. That works great for me during a class lecture but how can I incorrporate that into my homework? I was talking to someone after class the other day and she shared with me what her technique is.

- Get a recorder and record your study guide (An audacity program on your computer works great)
- Make one recording of the questions and the answers and listen to it when you are driving or just sitting around working on other projects.
- Make another copy with the questions only, and leave time for you to answer them between each question.
- Answer your questions verbally and sometimes write them out like you would on a test.

I've already tried this, and it actually was very effective for me. I was able to memorize a lot more imformation than I normally can.

For more tips click here.

4 comments:

AmyK said...

I've actually been looking for some study tips 'cause my college classes just started on Monday and have been having trouble buckling down after taking a year off. Thanks for the tips!

Scott and Beth said...

I'm glad you found something that will work for you. I am not very good in the area of studying either.

~cares~ said...

Amy, hope it works out for you :) Let me know if you find any better ideas...I can always use new ones.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these auditory tips. I think using one of more of your ideas will help me greatly in my classes as well.