Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seeing from a Different View

Four years ago I began to raise money with five other people to go on a missions trip to the Philippines. As my parents were missionaries there for twelve years before I was born, we had a lot of extra opportunities. I met people that I had heard about since my childhood. I saw places that I had imagined over and over as my Dad told me stories. What I found there was people that I didn't want to ever leave. When I witnessed personally the selflessness they demonstrated I saw just how much the people back at home were missing. As a Christian, the other Christians opened their arms to me as if we had known each other our whole lives. I saw a way of life that I had read and heard about but could never have understood until seeing it with my own eyes. It was an experience that I can only describe the physical details as I remember them, but the actual experience can never be expressed until you've done it yourself.

I'll be writing about my trip often. There is no way I can sum it up in one post :)

No comments: